Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Improper, illegal, or negligent professional activity or treatment, especially by a medical practitioner, lawyer, or public official.‘victims of medical malpractice’[count noun] ‘investigations into malpractices and abuses of power’
wrongdoing, dereliction of duty, professional misconduct, breach of ethics, unprofessional behaviour, unprofessionalism, unethical behaviournegligence, carelessness, incompetenceView synonyms
- ‘Have we reached a point where journalism can be indicted for media malpractice?’
- ‘John Lemon has an excellent post about medical malpractice and frivolous lawsuits.’
- ‘Firstly it said that they engaged in medical malpractice, in other words they'd been sued.’
- ‘He lied about medical malpractice to cover up the abuses of the insurance industry.’
- ‘The rumours have also caused media headlines and accusations of malpractice and illegality aimed at the farming community.’
- ‘Two people were arrested in Greater Manchester over alleged fraud and malpractice, but neither has yet been charged.’
- ‘Medical malpractice and other blunders are rewarded with huge settlements often in the Millions.’
- ‘Conduct by a physician that does not meet the standard of care is said to be malpractice.’
- ‘Compensation is granted regardless of medical responsibility or malpractice.’
- ‘Victims of legitimate malpractice are entitled to their access to the courts.’
- ‘But uncovering incompetence, malpractice and abuse of power is another matter.’
- ‘Both revealed systematic malpractice, and led to the imprisonment of several senior detectives.’
- ‘Millions are won by parents whose children die as a result of medical malpractice, and to people injured at work.’
- ‘A broad definition would encompass all disclosures of malpractice, as well as illegal acts or omissions.’
- ‘It required cases to be filed in the county where the alleged malpractice occurred.’
- ‘The committee's longest running cases have concerned suspected research malpractice.’
- ‘All we have to do is take malpractice out of the hands of private, for-profit attorneys.’
- ‘A descendent of a famous eunuch of the Ching Dynasty is suing a Taipei hospital for medical malpractice.’
- ‘Is it a deterrent to malpractice but also a deterrent to practice as well?’
- ‘At the firm, he specializes in medical malpractice and other complex litigation.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.