One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveEntomology
- ‘While these mouthparts are not primarily designed to pierce skin some mallophagans do feed on blood.’
- ‘Cats may be infested with Felicola subrostratus, a mallophagan louse.’
- ‘Mites and mallophagan lice should be preserved and stored in 70% isopropyl alcohol.’
- ‘The head of the mallophagan is wider than the prothorax.’
- ‘However, many ectoparasitic arthropods are more vagile than mallophagan lice, and may have better opportunities to come in contact with novel hosts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.