One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A megapode found in the mallee scrub of southern Australia, with pale patterned plumage.
- ‘Even without taking into account large-scale land development, the malleefowl faces enormous survival difficulties with industry and ingenuity.’
- ‘The malleefowl is a Megapod and a large sedentary bird.’
- ‘Only the malleefowl and the Australian brush-turkey can be found in habitats outside the rainforest.’
- ‘The malleefowl is unique in that it is the only megapod that makes it's home in dry, inland scrub.’
- ‘State Forests already provides financial support for the malleefowl breeding program at Western Plains Zoo and supplied the program's original breeding pairs from Goonoo.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.