One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A megapode found in the mallee scrub of southern Australia, with pale patterned plumage.
Leipoa ocellata, family Megapodiidae
- ‘Only the malleefowl and the Australian brush-turkey can be found in habitats outside the rainforest.’
- ‘State Forests already provides financial support for the malleefowl breeding program at Western Plains Zoo and supplied the program's original breeding pairs from Goonoo.’
- ‘The malleefowl is unique in that it is the only megapod that makes it's home in dry, inland scrub.’
- ‘Even without taking into account large-scale land development, the malleefowl faces enormous survival difficulties with industry and ingenuity.’
- ‘The malleefowl is a Megapod and a large sedentary bird.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.