Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A young person who frequents shopping malls, usually for social purposes.
- ‘The 1980s or early 1990s stereotype of the teenage mall rat as a nuisance has become a bonanza for those who sell.’
- ‘I could have become a runaway materialist, a robotic mall rat who resorts to retail therapy in pursuit of fulfillment.’
- ‘After my time spent as a passive mall rat, I came to think of such places as the modern day equivalent of the old town square.’
- ‘The only problem with Anna is that she is a mall rat.’
- ‘Raves, graffiti, squeegee kids and mall rats have all become sources of evil in the eyes of local landlords.’
- ‘In true teenage fashion, she rebelled by dying her hair blonde, immersing herself in logo culture and becoming a mall rat.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.