One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A young person who frequents shopping malls, usually for social purposes.
- ‘I could have become a runaway materialist, a robotic mall rat who resorts to retail therapy in pursuit of fulfillment.’
- ‘After my time spent as a passive mall rat, I came to think of such places as the modern day equivalent of the old town square.’
- ‘The only problem with Anna is that she is a mall rat.’
- ‘Raves, graffiti, squeegee kids and mall rats have all become sources of evil in the eyes of local landlords.’
- ‘The 1980s or early 1990s stereotype of the teenage mall rat as a nuisance has become a bonanza for those who sell.’
- ‘In true teenage fashion, she rebelled by dying her hair blonde, immersing herself in logo culture and becoming a mall rat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.