One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who malingers.‘the doctor said my son was a malingerer’
shirker, slacker, idler, layaboutView synonyms
- ‘I feel like a malingerer without a cause to point to.’
- ‘Of the nine, a number were malingerers who the manager was having difficulty motivating.’
- ‘However, recent research reported that we have become a nation of malingerers, with nearly six million of us too sick to work.’
- ‘It is interesting that the latter diagnosis was given by a doctor who told you it was a condition dreamed up by malingerers.’
- ‘Other states, like New York, have created an entirely state-funded duplicate of welfare for the malingerers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.