Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The state or condition of being malevolent.‘his eyes were glowing with malevolence’
malice, spite, spitefulness, hostility, hatred, hate, ill will, bitterness, enmity, ill feeling, balefulness, venom, rancour, maliciousness, malignance, malignity, ill nature, vindictiveness, viciousness, revengefulness, vengefulness, cruelty, nastiness, unfriendlinessmaleficenceView synonyms
- ‘You know nothing of love, since all you promote is hatred and malevolence.’
- ‘A plan formulated inside his mind and his eyes filled with hatred and malevolence.’
- ‘This takes Kerry several steps past merely being a sore loser, and into spiteful malevolence.’
- ‘No cache of arms has been found, no plans for future malevolence.’
- ‘They have malevolence in their darkest thoughts.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.