One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A choir of male singers.‘a Welsh male voice choir sang at the war memorial’
- ‘A big thank you goes to all who supported the weekend collection for the Male Voice Choir.’
- ‘Since we have lived in Wales my wife and I have come to enjoy male voice choirs.’
- ‘Members of the Male Voice Choir and friends have organised a function in the golf club on April 25.’
- ‘A total of four male voice choirs in Waterford are involved this year from across the age spectrum.’
- ‘The stars of the show will undoubtedly be the male voice choir though.’
- ‘Male voice choirs, boisterous old standards and fun-loving songs were the staple of many a young man's bar, prior to the popular explosion of Merseybeat.’
- ‘She was awarded the Pelenna Valley Male Voice Choir Scholarship for most promising young singer.’
- ‘He joined Steeton Male Voice Choir in 1922 and was still an active member until his mid-nineties.’
- ‘The rugby fan recorded the Welsh Rugby Team's Official Song, a rousing version of Bread of Heaven, which was backed by a 100-piece male voice choir.’
- ‘The Mass was very well attended and was enhanced by the singing of the Abbey Male Voice Choir.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.