One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A choir of male singers.‘a Welsh male voice choir sang at the war memorial’
- ‘A total of four male voice choirs in Waterford are involved this year from across the age spectrum.’
- ‘The stars of the show will undoubtedly be the male voice choir though.’
- ‘Members of the Male Voice Choir and friends have organised a function in the golf club on April 25.’
- ‘The rugby fan recorded the Welsh Rugby Team's Official Song, a rousing version of Bread of Heaven, which was backed by a 100-piece male voice choir.’
- ‘Since we have lived in Wales my wife and I have come to enjoy male voice choirs.’
- ‘The Mass was very well attended and was enhanced by the singing of the Abbey Male Voice Choir.’
- ‘He joined Steeton Male Voice Choir in 1922 and was still an active member until his mid-nineties.’
- ‘A big thank you goes to all who supported the weekend collection for the Male Voice Choir.’
- ‘She was awarded the Pelenna Valley Male Voice Choir Scholarship for most promising young singer.’
- ‘Male voice choirs, boisterous old standards and fun-loving songs were the staple of many a young man's bar, prior to the popular explosion of Merseybeat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.