One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stage in a middle-aged man's life supposedly corresponding to the menopause of a woman, associated with the loss of sexual potency and a crisis of confidence and identity (not in technical use).
- ‘‘She is young, black, 25 years old and startlingly photogenic,’ reported the Telegraph's hack in the throes of the male menopause.’
- ‘Madeline, Humbie's wife, believes it's the male menopause.’
- ‘Decreasing levels of testosterone associated with male menopause that occurs as men get older.’
- ‘In general, men do not have a male menopause, and most men have testosterone levels well in the normal range.’
- ‘It could be the male menopause or the state of the nation - he now lives in the USA - but Lloyd seems to have a rather negative approach.’
- ‘Editor Gould, Petty, and Jacobs debated about facts for and against the existence of a male menopause.’
- ‘Turning the old male menopause theory on its head, Eclair continues while sucking on a Silk Cut.’
- ‘The male menopause lobby may have a word to say about that.’
- ‘Dr Frederick Wu says it will provide a definitive answer to the question: ‘Is there a male menopause?’’
- ‘Out of the blue he asked, ‘What's male menopause?’’
- ‘But yes, guys, male menopause is real, and there is hope after menopause.’
- ‘Thus, male menopause is not a discrete clinical syndrome.’
- ‘Long a source of speculation, the song's title and elliptical lyrics are thought to refer to male menopause.’
- ‘I'm wondering if all of this is related to the male menopause.’
- ‘Among the topics included are prostate cancer, heart disease, male menopause, and hair loss.’
- ‘You can find more on shaping up and the male menopause by logging on to the web.’
- ‘Astra just isn't what it used to be, the old comfortable cardigan for the middle-aged man who had never been told about the male menopause.’
- ‘Professor John McKinlay, a leading authority on men's health, argues that the male menopause is a myth.’
- ‘Either that or the male menopause has kicked in.’
- ‘Perhaps he is going through the male menopause, a bit of a change is coming on?’
male menopause/māl ˈmenəˌpôz/
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.