One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Controlled mainly by or consisting mainly of men.‘she made her film to spread awareness of the problems women riders face in their male-dominated sport’‘at a senior level, the industry is very male-dominated’
- ‘He did not blame the women, but the male-dominated society.’
- ‘In the mid-60s, rock & roll was an almost entirely male-dominated mode of cultural expression.’
- ‘I once had a glorified sales job in a male-dominated department.’
- ‘Dance on camera has had a sadly low profile because dance is associated with women and the film industry is still largely male-dominated.’
- ‘Beyond this, I can sympathize with the need for strong female role models in a male-dominated world.’
- ‘Charlotte works hard to make her mark in a male-dominated sport.’
- ‘The demographic data indicated that increasing numbers of females have entered this traditionally male-dominated career field.’
- ‘As a woman scholar, she paved the way for more women to work in a traditionally male-dominated field.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.