One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Faulty or imperfect development.
- ‘Such damage might emerge after cerebellar maldevelopment, or an earlier undetected hypoxic or ischemic event.’
- ‘Two weeks later, Zeng died, ostensibly of ‘congenital maldevelopment of brain function’ and ‘total circulatory failure.’’
- ‘Recent decades have witnessed a burgeoning interest in signs of physical trauma and early maldevelopment associated with schizophrenia.’
- ‘If this function is abnormal, infertility, infantile underdevelopment, maldevelopment, weakness of bone development, etc. will manifest.’
- ‘Congenital ptosis is the result of maldevelopment of the muscle, which lifts the eyelid (Levator Palpebrae Superioris).’
- ‘One popular theory postulates that a clubfoot is a result of intrauterine maldevelopment of the talus that leads to adduction and plantarflexion of the foot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.