One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Faulty or imperfect development.
- ‘One popular theory postulates that a clubfoot is a result of intrauterine maldevelopment of the talus that leads to adduction and plantarflexion of the foot.’
- ‘Recent decades have witnessed a burgeoning interest in signs of physical trauma and early maldevelopment associated with schizophrenia.’
- ‘Congenital ptosis is the result of maldevelopment of the muscle, which lifts the eyelid (Levator Palpebrae Superioris).’
- ‘Such damage might emerge after cerebellar maldevelopment, or an earlier undetected hypoxic or ischemic event.’
- ‘If this function is abnormal, infertility, infantile underdevelopment, maldevelopment, weakness of bone development, etc. will manifest.’
- ‘Two weeks later, Zeng died, ostensibly of ‘congenital maldevelopment of brain function’ and ‘total circulatory failure.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.