One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Austronesian
- ‘No one knows the origins of the indigenous people, although it seems fairly certain that Malagasy culture has Malayo-Polynesian roots.’
- ‘In fact, the Malayo-Polynesian tongues do not seem to be related to any other linguistic family.’
- ‘The Malagasy language belongs to the Malayo-Polynesian family of languages.’
- ‘Until the sixteenth century, Taiwan was primarily inhabited by its native Malayo-Polynesian population.’
- ‘Seven Austronesian languages are spoken, all of which belong to the Malayic Malayo-Polynesian group.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.