One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Malay
- ‘The Malayans refused to buy the Communist call for turning red.’
- ‘Kadars, the Muduvans and the Malayans belong to the early Dravidian race.’
- ‘For the ordinary Malayans on Aug 31, it was a holiday.’
- ‘The secret lies in the pure harmony among Malayans, despite the various ethnic groups, cultures and religions.’
- ‘The different races in Malaya think of themselves primarily as Malays, Chinese or Indians and only secondarily, if at all, as Malayans.’
Relating to Malays, the Malay language, or Malaya (now part of Malaysia).
- ‘The army mainly consisted of Chinese regiments, but there was one Malayan regiment as well.’
- ‘The most successful example of the ‘oil-spot’ strategy, in his view, was the British campaign against Malayan insurgents in the 1950s.’
- ‘It had been thought that the Malayan tapir is usually solitary, except for a female with young.’
- ‘Yamashita's Malayan campaign, culminating in the fall of Singapore in February 1942, made him a national hero.’
- ‘This led to the Malayan Emergency, a protracted war against communist guerrillas lasting until the 1950s.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.