One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Malawi or its inhabitants.‘a Malawian farmer practicing organic farming’
- ‘They played a goalless draw against their Malawian counterpart in a match held over the weekend.’
- ‘Almost 75 per cent of the food is locally procured, which benefits Malawian smallholders by stimulating the local economy.’
- ‘I inherited this gift from my mother who was of Malawian origin.’
A native or inhabitant of Malawi.‘the money will be spent on a series of small projects led by local Malawians’
- ‘The Malawian said she has many clients who are prominent people in the society.’
- ‘The Commonwealth has 54 countries from around the world, and this 12 year-old Malawian won first prize, out of 8,500 people who entered.’
- ‘The Malawian has reporting experience on various subjects including human rights, development, and health.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.