One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inefficient or dishonest administration; mismanagement.‘I found no maladministration in the committee's actions’
mismanagement, mishandling, misgovernment, misrule, incompetence, inefficiency, bungling, blunderingView synonyms
- ‘She said maladministration in the Department of Health ‘doesn't just affect public officials’.’
- ‘We have only the Roman account, but it is enough to reveal maladministration ranging from the callously negligent to the undeniably criminal.’
- ‘There were no findings of maladministration, or wrong doing in the management of the Regional Partnerships Program.’
- ‘On the contrary they are those that have been unable to participate in globalisation because of war, corruption, or maladministration.’
- ‘The decision to weaken still further the funding requirement in 2002 was taken with maladministration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.