Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not providing adequate or appropriate adjustment to the environment or situation.
- ‘The cycle of success and the maladaptive cycle are one behavioral system’
- ‘Indeed, some traits are simply maladaptive, leading to costs for individual members of the species.’
- ‘Therapists help identify these maladaptive behaviors and how to counteract them.’
- ‘They also describe ways of cultivating positive and agentic feelings and modifying maladaptive interpersonal patterns of expression.’
- ‘This may affect their psychosocial stability, furthering firesetting tendencies and other maladaptive behaviors.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.