Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Imperfect absorption of food material by the small intestine.
- ‘The classic disorder of malabsorption is pernicious anemia, an autoimmune disease that affects the gastric parietal cells.’
- ‘Cystic fibrosis also causes malabsorption, although fat absorption is the hallmark of this condition.’
- ‘This may cause diarrhoea on account of the possible bile acid malabsorption.’
- ‘Weight loss is accomplished both by restriction of food quantity and malabsorption of nutrients.’
- ‘Other post-op complications include portal hypertension, malabsorption and rickets.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.