One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bag for holding cosmetics.‘eyeliner is one of my must-have items in my makeup bag’
- ‘I've had the same brown leather make-up bag for about 20 years; it's got lots of memories associated with it.’
- ‘She set her things in the corner, then pulled out a vanity mirror and her make-up bag.’
- ‘The line includes swimwear, hats and bags (from handbags to make-up bags).’
- ‘Young girls have always experimented with their mother's make-up bag, the temptation of bright lipsticks and eyeshadows too much to resist.’
- ‘On Friday evenings I'll unpack all my stage clothes and sort out my make-up bag.’
- ‘I have a horrible suspicion that my make-up bag is worth more than my house.’
- ‘The products are young, glamorous and fun, and have been a staple of my make-up bag all my life.’
- ‘Ask your guests to bring their make-up bags with them - it can be an easy way to try out new colours and looks.’
- ‘"Although you may love your favourite lipstick, if it has been at the bottom of your make-up bag for years, it is time to replace it with a fresh one."’
- ‘With this in mind, it might be worth giving your entire make-up bag a makeover after your annual summer holiday.’
- ‘Start with your make-up bag, and get rid of anything you haven't worn for ages.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.