One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘However, the balls hit to him have been makeable plays.’
- ‘The ball should bounce a couple of times, then brake, leaving you a makable putt.’
- ‘Goalkicker Nick Hogan actually missed with another three eminently makeable efforts.’
- ‘But countless makeable plays have gone unmade and been ruled hits by generous official scorers.’
- ‘Setta missed on a makeable field goal shot which in the end would have had the score tied.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.