One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cause serious, perhaps violent, trouble.
- ‘She expects that the fur will fly (but only figuratively, for sure) at Princeton, and right away she offers her view on one subject on the agenda.’
- ‘No formal action has yet been taken, but if the case goes to court, friends predict, the fur will fly.’
- ‘When America's most powerful female political commentator notes that female submissiveness is the new sexy, then inevitably the fur will fly.’
- ‘An arched tail with the fur fluffed means ‘this is my territory - hang around and the fur will fly!’’
- ‘As I said, we're normally quite conciliatory… but back us into a corner and the fur will fly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.