One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Make a noise or commotion.
- ‘The motor made such a row that it became incredibly embarrassing.’
- ‘Later we were most of us very drunk and we went together to the Haymarket Theatre where we kicked up a row.’
- 1.1 Make a vigorous protest.
- ‘Well, I made such a row that the hotel manager did find me a quiet, air conditioned, back-of-the-hotel, fourth floor room for the last two nights of the conference.’
- ‘An encore of a singer being refused, the audience made a row, refused to hear the singers still on the programme, and just went away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.