Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The head of the majority party in a legislative body, especially the US Senate or House of Representatives.
- ‘Those are powerful words against the current Senate majority leader.’
- ‘He has served as both minority and majority leader of the House.’
- ‘The former House majority leader is becoming, shall we say, aggressive?’
- ‘Now, Mario Cuomo mentioned the speaker of the House and the majority leader of the Senate.’
- ‘As you know, the House majority leader is accused of conspiring to violate campaign finance laws in his home state of Texas.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.