One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The head of the majority party in a legislative body, especially the US Senate or House of Representatives.
- ‘As you know, the House majority leader is accused of conspiring to violate campaign finance laws in his home state of Texas.’
- ‘Now, Mario Cuomo mentioned the speaker of the House and the majority leader of the Senate.’
- ‘The former House majority leader is becoming, shall we say, aggressive?’
- ‘He has served as both minority and majority leader of the House.’
- ‘Those are powerful words against the current Senate majority leader.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.