One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The head of the majority party in a legislative body, especially the US Senate or House of Representatives.
- ‘He has served as both minority and majority leader of the House.’
- ‘The former House majority leader is becoming, shall we say, aggressive?’
- ‘Those are powerful words against the current Senate majority leader.’
- ‘As you know, the House majority leader is accused of conspiring to violate campaign finance laws in his home state of Texas.’
- ‘Now, Mario Cuomo mentioned the speaker of the House and the majority leader of the Senate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.