One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rook or queen.
- ‘Black has been denied counterplay and faces an all-out assault from the White major pieces.’
- ‘Deploying the major pieces is actually Black's next task.’
- ‘So the lessons are clear; beware of doubled pawns when major pieces have been exchanged, and beware of exchanging major pieces when you are the one with the doubled pawns.’
- ‘First of all, the presence of more major pieces on the board favors the minor piece.’
- ‘In the game White plays an overly direct plan of attack, misplacing all his major pieces on the kingside.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.