One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The longer axis of an ellipse, passing through its foci.
- ‘The major axis of the ellipse will be along the East-West line and the minor axis will be North-South.’
- ‘In elongated cells the major axis of mesh elements tends to align with the major axis of the cells.’
- ‘The calculated slope of the major axis regression line is 0.88.’
- ‘The major axes of both ellipses point nearly in the direction of maximum hair bundle excitation (perpendicular to the gray line).’
- ‘It was found that the maximum total force is experienced when the major axis of the ellipsoid is perpendicular to the flow and the minimum when it is aligned.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.