One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The longer axis of an ellipse, passing through its foci.
- ‘The major axes of both ellipses point nearly in the direction of maximum hair bundle excitation (perpendicular to the gray line).’
- ‘The major axis of the ellipse will be along the East-West line and the minor axis will be North-South.’
- ‘In elongated cells the major axis of mesh elements tends to align with the major axis of the cells.’
- ‘It was found that the maximum total force is experienced when the major axis of the ellipsoid is perpendicular to the flow and the minimum when it is aligned.’
- ‘The calculated slope of the major axis regression line is 0.88.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.