One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With impressive beauty or scale.‘the steep slopes of the valley floor rise majestically skywards’
- ‘She majestically swoops next to me, embracing me in a hug.’
- ‘Black, rugged mountains towered majestically at the horizon, adding savage grandeur to the solemnity of the landscape.’
- ‘He stood majestically in the door frame, clouds of silvery white sprouting from his scalp.’
- ‘The king enters the scene majestically, changing the tone of the play.’
- ‘The clouds floated majestically overhead, reflecting the sun's colorful rays into the eyes of the earth.’
- ‘The rock stands majestically in the middle of the desert.’
- ‘It gets the job done in a majestically compressed 1 minute, 50 seconds.’
- ‘The fort stood majestically on an elevated plateau along the western bank of the river.’
- ‘Suddenly, the real core of what this gala event signified in musical terms came majestically across.’
- ‘Her long brown hair majestically reflected the sun's glare, creating a golden tone to the aligned curls.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.