One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A principal supporting surface of an aircraft (typically a wing), as opposed to a horizontal stabilizer.
- ‘Now staff are preparing the centre section and hull for relocation to Point Cook where the mainplanes are being restored.’
- ‘The coolant radiators were in the mainplane leading edge between the engines and the fuselage.’
- ‘Conversion involved; replacing the upper, and lower mainplanes with scratchbuilt narrower chord wings.’
- ‘The aircraft features ailerons on the rear mainplanes, but has electric flaps on both sets of planes.’
- ‘The car has front and rear diffusers for overall down force with an adjustable carbon mainplane rear wing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.