One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A close and trusted male friend.
companion, boon companion, bosom friend, best friend, close friend, intimate, confidante, confidant, familiar, soul mate, alter ego, second self, shadow, playmate, playfellow, classmate, schoolmate, workmate, ally, comrade, associateView synonyms
- ‘I'm down with my main man St. Anselm, whose proof of God was simple and pure: God is greater than that which can be conceived.’
- ‘For example, the assumption that a rapper and his main man had killed a young lawyer in Maryland was ridiculous.’
- ‘Shelton Benjamin, you made the mistake of telling the wrestling world that you have beat my best friend, my main man, Triple H, twice!’
- ‘We're going to close our show tonight with a return visit with one of my main men, Billy Gilman.’
- ‘Always love coming to New York, because that means I've come home and it means I get to be in his presence, the presence of my buddy and my main man, Aaron Brown.’
- ‘He's my main man, my second, you could say, and so I normally listen when he talks.’
- ‘I shall now briefly introduce you to the main men in my life’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.