One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is employed to deliver and collect letters and parcels.
- ‘By the way, I leave a little cash in the mailbox for the mailman.’
- ‘When Mr. Mica Crawler, the old mailman, came by the blacksmith shop John thought the old man had come to gossip for he was known to do that a lot.’
- ‘The mailman is an elderly man, in his late 50s or even 60s.’
- ‘The mailman put the mail inside the mailbox, then looked around, noticed nothing, and reached back into the truck, grabbing a small envelope, the unlabeled one, and stuffed it in as well.’
- ‘I love games and so I'm always excited about some new diversion and I must admit that one of my greatest pleasures is coming home and seeing a package that the mailman has left.’
- ‘I eagerly await the last Friday of every month for the mailman's arrival.’
- ‘It's the middle of September and I'm waiting for the mailman.’
- ‘As Danni was about to walk into the house she noticed the mailman had been by, she walked to the mailbox and pulled out the pieces of mail.’
- ‘She went to the window to see if the mailman had driven by.’
- ‘I would ride my bike the mile down to our mailbox and wait there for the mailman, hoping for something good to arrive.’
- ‘I sat on the wall in front of my house, waiting for Jack, the mailman to come.’
- ‘I hate going into the shopping mall at the corner of my home, but that is where I have to pick up my packages that are too big for the mailman to carry.’
- ‘As he sat there the mailman came up and brought the mail.’
- ‘She barks at the paperboy in the morning, the mailman in the afternoon and at trucks any time of day.’
- ‘In the 1870s, it took mailmen two days to travel the road from Santa Clara to Felton, a distance of 30 miles.’
- ‘Even the mailman showed up on time to give him his junk mail.’
- ‘I smiled apologetically at the mailman and took the mail from him.’
- ‘The mailman, who can't get in because the front door is locked, leaves letters for me on the front steps.’
- ‘It's the season of giving, it's the season of sharing, it's the season of tipping your mailman with checks and bottles of sensibly-priced alcohol.’
- ‘When I pulled into my neighborhood, I noticed Derek in his front yard talking to the mailman.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.