One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A railroad car used for transporting mail.‘during the layover, the train is serviced, and mail cars are added’
- ‘Meanwhile, the masked robbers smashed their way into the mail cars and overpowered the four postal workers.’
- ‘There was even a letter slot in the side of the mail car where letters could be posted at station stops!’
- ‘Twelve freight cars, two passenger cars, and one mail car derailed and piled up in a mound of twisted metal.’
- ‘Also, he mentioned that the mail cars on the rear would be cut off and this might cause a brief power outage in the darkened area of the Union Station.’
- ‘The Angus Pavilion is a sprawling warehouse packed with 44 vehicles on exhibit, from Montreal streetcars to steam engines to mail cars.’
- ‘Amtrak has sold its mail cars and is getting improved dispatching from the Union Pacific Railroad.’
- ‘The postal service had recently added alarms to a few of its mail cars, but these particular carriages weren't in service during the robbery.’
- ‘There are seventeen cars: two engines, dorm, two sleepers, diner, lounge, three coaches, and seven mail cars.’
- ‘The train was the same setup as the one coming down from Chicago, one locomotive, three coaches and the mail car trailing.’
- ‘Children can mail their letter to St. Nick from Exporail's vintage mail car.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.