One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The distribution of mail to soldiers.
- ‘‘One day there was mail call and we all received a letter from a child back home,’ she said.’
- ‘So, camps are increasingly being forced into accepting e-mail that they then print and hand out at mail call.’
- ‘With a son in the military, I know mail call is the highlight of the day.’
- ‘In any event, at mail call back in the rear area, the company clerk yells out, ‘Sergeant Vaughn!’’
- ‘It shouldn't be hard to figure out why mail call is such an integral part of a Sailor's life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.