One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The outer limit of a magnetosphere.
- ‘Global stationary diffusion due to wave-particle interactions does not take place at the magnetopause.’
- ‘When the magnetopause is stationary it must be in equilibrium with all forces and torques balanced.’
- ‘The magnetosphere varies in size and shape, and its outer boundary - the magnetopause - gently undulates like a wave due to buffeting by the solar wind.’
- ‘The magnetopause shown in the movie is based upon the empirical model of Petrinec and Russell.’
- ‘Our relatively puny magnetic field holds the Solar Wind at bay, at the magnetopause, a distance of 60,000 km from Earth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.