One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The outer limit of a magnetosphere.
- ‘The magnetosphere varies in size and shape, and its outer boundary - the magnetopause - gently undulates like a wave due to buffeting by the solar wind.’
- ‘When the magnetopause is stationary it must be in equilibrium with all forces and torques balanced.’
- ‘Global stationary diffusion due to wave-particle interactions does not take place at the magnetopause.’
- ‘Our relatively puny magnetic field holds the Solar Wind at bay, at the magnetopause, a distance of 60,000 km from Earth.’
- ‘The magnetopause shown in the movie is based upon the empirical model of Petrinec and Russell.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.