One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The branch of physics that studies the behavior of an electrically conducting fluid (such as a plasma or molten metal) acted on by a magnetic field.
- ‘Stewartson studied rotating fluid flows, shear layers, magnetohydrodynamics, the triple-deck theory, and flow at both high and low Reynolds numbers.’
- ‘This textbook provides a modern and accessible introduction to magnetohydrodynamics.’
- ‘In addition, the sun's atmosphere poses extremely interesting problems in magnetohydrodynamics and fundamental plasma physics that have important implications for a wide range of astrophysical and geophysical problems.’
- ‘His work forms the basis of the modern science known as magnetohydrodynamics.’
- ‘My favorite in this category is magnetohydrodynamics, which is the study of plasmas and their interplay with electromagnetic fields.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.