One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The motion or activity of magma.
- ‘The contemporaneity in ophiolite formation and felsic arc magmatism suggests that intraoceanic subduction started soon after the opening of the ocean basin.’
- ‘These igneous rocks record the extensive magmatism that resulted from northward subduction of Neotethyan oceanic lithosphere beneath the Lhasa terrane.’
- ‘Prior to Cretaceous magmatism, the region underwent three major episodes of deformation.’
- ‘The associated magmatism resulted in intrusion of volcanic rocks into the sedimentary basins, magmatic underplating at the base of the crust, and large amounts of extrusive material.’
- ‘Lithologies, stratigraphy and magmatism in the southern tract compare well with those described from the Karamba Complex in the Ladakh Himalaya, further west along the suture zone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.