One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An indelible felt-tip marker, especially one with a wide tip.
- ‘We're still trying to scrub the Magic Marker off the walls and furniture.’
- ‘To alleviate some of the problems, I have taken a few steps that others may profit from, including the use of a black Magic Marker and setting a high intensity lamp on the table during play.’
- ‘She made 340 portraits of blood relatives on her mother's side, carried out as more or less instantaneous caricatures in Magic Marker.’
- ‘But I think maybe cutting the keyhole in the front of my T-shirt and drawing arrows on it with Magic Marker pointing to the wound was perhaps a little over the top.’
- ‘Rather than waste a couple hundred yen on makeup, the filmmakers superimposed a squiggly Magic Marker line to represent the reptile.’
- ‘To anyone unfamiliar with them, geological maps can look like the work of a child who went crazy with Magic Markers, using every possible hue in seemingly random patterns.’
- ‘Turning to the easel, he pulled a Magic Marker from the aluminum edge and drew three circles in blue ink on the white board.’
- ‘She baked at night in her dorm room and made her own labels with colored paper and Magic Markers.’
Magic Marker/ˈmajik ˈmärkər/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.