One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A motor-vehicle wheel made from lightweight magnesium steel, typically having a pattern of holes or spokes around the hub.
- ‘The year is shown by the horn grilles which are black (previously silver), and the model by the mag wheels and the front air dam.’
- ‘The man was wearing brand name surf-style clothing and was driving either a white Nissan or Toyota van with mag wheels and thin tyres.’
- ‘It's undistinguished, he says, by any particular feature except the flashy mag wheels, which are like after-market add-ons favoured by spendthrifts.’
- ‘The seat memories also cover the mirrors, and the left side mirror dips to show the curb to avoid damaging the 18 inch mag wheels when parking.’
- ‘Due to huge market interest and demand for chrome and mag wheels, your fitment options are virtually unlimited.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.