One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘when I started that work, we used mag tape for data’short for magnetic tape
- ‘I was told that the computer engineer was working on one of the mag tape drives that had a motor problem.’
- ‘Originally they'd give it to us on big mag tapes, like, literally, those tapes you see on old Star Trek episodes.’
- ‘Even though you pioneered punch card technology, that didn't stop you from adapting or inventing new technologies like mag tapes, hard disks and integrated circuits.’
- ‘Here's a picture of me at the operators/programmers teletype; that's not an ash tray to my right, it's a spool of half-inch mag tape.’
- ‘If it was computerized, we might be able to read the media if it survived (half-inch mag tape or punch cards) but would probably have to spend a lot of time reverse engineering obsolete CAD formats.’
- ‘The case holding the mag tapes was were I had left it, apparently unharmed.’
- ‘Turns out the power supply for the mag tape drive was tied in with the CPU, so if the tape drive drew too much current, it crashed the CPU.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.