One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Madagascar or its inhabitants.‘a nationally protected Madagascan rainforest’
- ‘In addition to the international research teams, the Wildlife Conservation Society promotes and finances studies by Madagascan students.’
- ‘The Madagascan farmers are making chocolate with their own beans.’
- ‘Besides gibbons, singing primates include the Madagascan lemurs called indris, the tarsiers of Sulawesi, and the tiff monkeys of South America.’
A native or inhabitant of Madagascar.‘some Madagascans hunt the aye-ayes for their meat’
- ‘It has been widely-reported Tunisia have invited the Madagascans for a friendly.’
- ‘The Madagascans made sure of a place in the semi-finals with a 8–5 victory.’
- ‘Madagascans feel a profound, indeed sacred, link to their land.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.