One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The large-scale or overall structure of something, e.g. an organism, a mechanical construction, or a written text.
- ‘To understand the self-assembly mechanism of a given oligopeptide, it is necessary to study the conditions under which the oligopeptides aggregate and further develop into macrostructures.’
- ‘In their chiral nematic states, the materials have a helical macrostructure which acts like a diffraction grating and selectively reflect light just like a compact disc does.’
- ‘This may not be fossilization as we know it, of large macrostructures, but fossilization at a molecular level.’
- ‘Chapter 8 uses the ideas of complex nonlinear systems to help explain how a myriad of microinteractions (usually at the individual level) helps govern the activities of macrostructures.’
- ‘As suggested above by Carr, however, there is not a clear, unambiguous macrostructure for the book; and this makes for a complex unity.’
- ‘The diffusion coefficients determined are then averaged over the macrostructure of the surrounding excited volume.’
- ‘The term microstructure is used to characterize the fine structure of the skeletal material of which various skeletal macrostructures are constructed.’
- ‘Amazingly, this response allows the wild-type oligomeric PSII structure and the granal membrane to be maintained, emphasizing the importance and robustness of the thylakoid macrostructure.’
- ‘Most 3 - D imaging modalities are slow to acquire images and only show macrostructures within the living tissue instead of what is happening at the cellular level where drugs succeed or fail.’
- ‘The macrostructures disclosed the presence of equiaxed grains as well as areas of mixed grain structure.’
- ‘Freud gives the example of the army as an analogous macrostructure of supra-individual subjectivation.’
- ‘Their macrostructures are similar to those of present-day soils, with pseudo-anticlinal structures and cuspate structures comparable to those produced by the expansion and contraction of swelling clays.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.