One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A molecule containing a very large number of atoms, such as a protein, nucleic acid, or synthetic polymer.
- ‘Dendrimers are well-defined, highly branched macromolecules which have uniform molecular weight.’
- ‘Polypropylene is a linear macromolecule, or polymer, composed of repeating units of isopropane.’
- ‘Polyvinyl chloride is a macromolecule that results from the free-radical polymerization of vinyl chloride.’
- ‘Polymer chemistry is the field of study concerned with the production, classification, and modification of macromolecules or polymers.’
- ‘During these reactions, they are chemically linked forming macromolecules, or polymers, which have large molecular weights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.