Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Major evolutionary change. The term applies mainly to the evolution of whole taxonomic groups over long periods of time.
- ‘In antievolution literature, vertical change equates with macroevolution, or evolution above the species level.’
- ‘In our science curriculum standards, we called this microevolution and macroevolution - changes within kinds and changing from one kind to another.’
- ‘The next generation of advances in macroevolution and evolutionary paleoecology will not occur until a well-tested phylogenetic classification is established.’
- ‘The creation science folks accept microevolution but not macroevolution.’
- ‘Creationists are usually more careful about distinguishing between microevolution and macroevolution at this point.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.