One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large-scale economic system.
- ‘First, the relationship between the monetary standard and the macroeconomy is not addressed.’
- ‘Tax cuts don't help the macroeconomy much in the short run, unless the previous level of taxation is extortionate, above maybe sixty percent.’
- ‘What people really care about in the end, more important than any of these individual programs, is the effect on the macroeconomy.’
- ‘The view expressed by Hamilton is that oil shocks affect the macroeconomy primarily by depressing demand for key consumption and investment goods.’
- ‘Thus in the 1930s the world economy had no hegemon both willing and able to act as lender of last resort, provide a market for distress goods, and steer the global macroeconomy.’
- ‘There is no discussion on the role of the entrepreneur in the broader macroeconomy, development, or growth.’
- ‘The relatively successful case of Poland, which stabilized the macroeconomy quickly but has been slow to carry out privatization, is an important example.’
- ‘For one thing, especially against the backdrop of the inflation of the following decade, it soon became apparent that our theories of the macroeconomy were woefully inadequate.’
- ‘The social cost of maldistributed hours comes back to haunt an entire macroeconomy, not only the individuals and family members who bear the brunt of it.’
- ‘We analyze the macroeconomy by primarily looking at national output, unemployment and inflation.’
- ‘But the renewed health of the state-owned sector may have less do with reform than with improvements in China's macroeconomy.’
- ‘Meanwhile, the nation's infrastructure suffers, pollution spreads, and the macroeconomy spins further out of balance.’
- ‘The rise of managed economies in the Eastern Bloc was also responsible for increased government interference in the macroeconomy.’
- ‘But it makes sense for the fiscal stance (the government's deficit or surplus) to contribute to controlling the macroeconomy.’
- ‘While government is a major concern, economists must also forecast short run developments in the macroeconomy.’
- ‘While most of the examples that come to mind are historical in nature, it would be a mistake to conclude that the impact of oil prices on the macroeconomy is now unimportant.’
- ‘Demand-pull inflation occurs when there is an increase in aggregate demand, categorized by the four sections of the macroeconomy: households, businesses, governments and foreign buyers.’
- ‘Today, more than ever, we need business leaders who not only build their own companies but also assume new roles in building the macroeconomy.’
- ‘Furthermore, the sectors he looks at are reasonably important to the macroeconomy.’
- ‘These results underscore the importance of accounting for structural changes in the macroeconomy, and how a failure to do so may affect statistical analyses undertaken by both financial economists and practitioners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.