One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The part of economics concerned with large-scale or general economic factors, such as interest rates and national productivity.
- ‘His research interests include the history of macroeconomics, the history of game theory, and the history of women in economics.’
- ‘To conduct macroeconomics without paying any attention to prices, other than interest rates - that is, to imagine that all wages are rigid and all prices are rigid - is going too far.’
- ‘He is a research affiliate in the international macroeconomics and international trade programmes of the Centre for Economic Policy Research in London.’
- ‘It is unfortunate that the entrepreneur does not play much of a role in microeconomics but what about macroeconomics?’
- ‘So why wouldn't I rate the book as a major contribution to the advancement of scholarship on Ricardo's macroeconomics?’
- ‘Yet every economics student knows that when you start out in pursuit of the dismal science, you are given two textbooks: one about microeconomics and one about macroeconomics.’
- ‘Here was a new twist on free-market macroeconomics: things are going well because the value of government assets is rising!’
- ‘The net domestic or national product in macroeconomics is derived by deducting the value of depreciation from the estimated gross domestic or national product.’
- ‘Even general theory itself was now compartmentalized into microeconomics and macroeconomics.’
- ‘As with any other anniversary that has had a significant impact on the development of economics - specifically macroeconomics - this anniversary is deserving of commemoration.’
- ‘His principal teaching and research interests include monetary economics, macroeconomics, the history of economic thought, and development economics.’
- ‘His interests include labor economics, macroeconomics, and finance.’
- ‘You end up, frankly, with no ideas about macroeconomics and economic policy, other than that it's scary.’
- ‘Most of macroeconomics today is monetary economics.’
- ‘He had strong views, though possibly less so in trade theory and policy than in macroeconomics and monetary theory.’
- ‘In terms of macroeconomics, our economic condition, indeed, has not yet recovered.’
- ‘Dr. Fontana's interests include macroeconomics, monetary economics, history of economic thought, and methodology.’
- ‘When I was in college I took two intro economics courses: macroeconomics and microeconomics.’
- ‘A group of three papers and three comments considers Fisherian themes in monetary economics and macroeconomics.’
- ‘Part One reviews the theoretical foundations of open economy macroeconomics and outlines the basic argument of the book.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.