One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The part of economics concerned with large-scale or general economic factors, such as interest rates and national productivity.
- ‘Part One reviews the theoretical foundations of open economy macroeconomics and outlines the basic argument of the book.’
- ‘To conduct macroeconomics without paying any attention to prices, other than interest rates - that is, to imagine that all wages are rigid and all prices are rigid - is going too far.’
- ‘His interests include labor economics, macroeconomics, and finance.’
- ‘A group of three papers and three comments considers Fisherian themes in monetary economics and macroeconomics.’
- ‘Most of macroeconomics today is monetary economics.’
- ‘Even general theory itself was now compartmentalized into microeconomics and macroeconomics.’
- ‘Dr. Fontana's interests include macroeconomics, monetary economics, history of economic thought, and methodology.’
- ‘Here was a new twist on free-market macroeconomics: things are going well because the value of government assets is rising!’
- ‘You end up, frankly, with no ideas about macroeconomics and economic policy, other than that it's scary.’
- ‘He had strong views, though possibly less so in trade theory and policy than in macroeconomics and monetary theory.’
- ‘As with any other anniversary that has had a significant impact on the development of economics - specifically macroeconomics - this anniversary is deserving of commemoration.’
- ‘In terms of macroeconomics, our economic condition, indeed, has not yet recovered.’
- ‘When I was in college I took two intro economics courses: macroeconomics and microeconomics.’
- ‘The net domestic or national product in macroeconomics is derived by deducting the value of depreciation from the estimated gross domestic or national product.’
- ‘It is unfortunate that the entrepreneur does not play much of a role in microeconomics but what about macroeconomics?’
- ‘He is a research affiliate in the international macroeconomics and international trade programmes of the Centre for Economic Policy Research in London.’
- ‘His principal teaching and research interests include monetary economics, macroeconomics, the history of economic thought, and development economics.’
- ‘So why wouldn't I rate the book as a major contribution to the advancement of scholarship on Ricardo's macroeconomics?’
- ‘His research interests include the history of macroeconomics, the history of game theory, and the history of women in economics.’
- ‘Yet every economics student knows that when you start out in pursuit of the dismal science, you are given two textbooks: one about microeconomics and one about macroeconomics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.