One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See machine gun
- ‘‘I was a machine-gunner in France during World War II,’ Schulz explained.’
- ‘The last thing I saw before I rolled the bike was the machine-gunner at Hyde Park Corner - a callipygian figure dominating the war memorial on the traffic island.’
- ‘On their orders, 83 American prisoners of war had been murdered by Waffen S.S. machine-gunners.’
- ‘Nobody wonders: What of those machine-gunners?’
- ‘The pain of the needle felt good to the 40-year-old former Army sergeant, whose memories of his nine months as a machine-gunner in Iraq had left him, he said, ‘feeling dead inside.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.