Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
But not too much.‘allegro ma non troppo’
- ‘The prominent opening theme, marked nobilmente, ma non troppo, is said to depict his 1909 Derby winner, Minoru.’
- ‘The Adagio ma non troppo gives some hint of the agony he endured as the weary months of combat yielded their slaughter.’
- ‘The moderato, leading into the allegro, ma non troppo, comes with such tastefully conceived phrasing and smooth quality that there is now the kind of near-perfection that gives an idea of what these two musicians are capable of together.’
- ‘He conquered the full tonal and dynamic range of the Adagio, ma non troppo.’
- ‘The short fugal opening movement is followed by the second, titled ‘Adagio ma non troppo.’’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.