2(in Germany) mark; marks.
3Married.‘m twice; two d’
[in combination] Meta-‘m-xylene’
9[in combination] (in units of measurement) milli-‘100 mA’
12(in prescriptions) mix.
Mass.‘E = mc²’
1The thirteenth letter of the alphabet.See also em
- ‘I'm 30 and have had the exact same problem for many years -- and only just recently realized dilemma has two M's and no N.’
- ‘Remember, his name has two M's in it.’
- 1.1Denoting the next after L in a set of items, categories, etc.
2A shape like that of a capital M.
- ‘But on that way we got to see a lot of little shops and finally the big golden M and Julius got his burger (of which he only ate half).’
- ‘Examples of trademarked items are the names "Coke," "Coca-cola," "McDonald's," the McDonald's golden M logo, stuff like that.’
3The Roman numeral for 1,000.
- ‘What number equals the Roman numeral M?’
- ‘The Roman numerals C and M sometimes did not mean 100 or 1000 (see hundred).’
8Medium (as a clothes size)
9[in combination] (in units of measurement) mega-‘8 Mbytes of memory’
Messier (catalog of nebulae)‘the galaxy M33’
(with reference to solutions) molar.‘0.15 M NaCl solution’
15Money, when used with a following numeral in measures of money supply.‘broad money, M3, grew by an annualized 9.7%’