One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or causing lysis.‘the lytic activity of bile acids’
- ‘Studies on the lytic activity against Phytophthora cell wall of root protein extracts also corroborated a systemic effect of mycorrhizal symbiosis on tomato resistance to Phytophthora.’
- ‘To characterize the mode of inhibition, they analyzed whether binding of eiseniapore to membranes and lytic activity were affected by these substances.’
- ‘An informative monitoring technique in ecological immunology is to quantify lytic activity over time, which measures the status of the invertebrate immune system.’
- ‘Lysis is caused by enzymes known as lytic enzymes that are secreted by the antibodies.’
- ‘Thus, lysogeny seems to be a survival strategy at low host abundance and activity, whereas high host abundance and activity seems to favor the lytic life cycle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.