One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The osmotic gradient across the membranes can drive an influx of water, which causes the lysosomal lysis.’
- ‘However, at closer examination the other organelles are certainly mentioned, as they are implicated in lysosomal, peroxisomal, or mitochondrial diseases.’
- ‘Intracellular bacteria are subjected to several bacteriocidal mechanisms in the macrophages such as free oxygen radicals and phagosome lysosomal activity.’
- ‘The extent of lysosomal lysis in the hypotonic solution, i.e. the degree of their sensitivity to the osmotic shock, can be examined by the measurement of their enzyme latency loss.’
- ‘The leukocytes eventually destroy the pathogens by phagocytosis and lysosomal fusion that expose bacteria to lytic enzymes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.