Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A preparation containing the products of lysis of cells.
- ‘Cell lysates were prepared and subjected to Western blot analysis as previously described.’
- ‘This lag could explain the degradation observed in samples from crude lysates produced by these lysis methods even in the presence of RNase inhibitors.’
- ‘Negative control indicates lysates from an isogenic cell line not expressing GFP.’
- ‘Heating and methanol treatment will denature and precipitate the great majority of cytosolic proteins found in cell lysates.’
- ‘The double-mutant lanes contain lysates from independently isolated cell lines.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.