One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Write or sing lyrics.
- ‘I think Daddy Yankee said it best when he lyricized a phrase in his hit song ‘Gasolina.’’
- ‘Please be kind to Sting and don't label him a closeted Maulvi just because he lyricized your dilemma so accurately.’
- 1.1 Write in a lyric style.
- ‘It included allusions to our first dates in that hood and he pointed them out as he lyricized about them’
- ‘What Césaire said to Depestre in prose he lyricized in a complementary poem entitled ‘Le verbe marronner.’’
- 1.2with object Treat in a lyric style or put into lyric form.
- ‘While he lyricized the locale, Piano did not forego the practical aspects of architecture.’
- ‘As in his previous film, Central Station, another road movie and a great one, Salles doesn't try to lyricize landscapes or fill them with portentous menace or serenity.’
- ‘If you're still not bored at this stage, steps three and four are ‘lyricize your inflection’ and ‘the phoneme drill’ respectively.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.