One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Freeze-dry (a substance).
dried, freeze-dried, dehydratedView synonyms
- ‘Cell wall material was then lyophilized and weighed.’
- ‘The aqueous extract was lyophilized to obtain a powder.’
- ‘Samples conserved in liquid nitrogen are lyophilized prior to analysis.’
- ‘A recent approach to reduce the interlaboratory variation has been to prepare a calibration curve using calibrated lyophilized plasmas.’
- ‘The starch granules were lyophilized in a freeze-drier for 48 h.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.