One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Likewise, the collective anonymity of the executioners ensured that few lynchers were ever prosecuted.’
- ‘However, if riots are indeed a language, to return to Brooks's metaphor of mirroring, then it is a language learned from white lynchers.’
- ‘The clear reference to lynchers who ravaged black America in Cotter's day belies the poet's reputation for silence about such painful American issues.’
- ‘But federal investigations into lynchings could only concentrate on trying to prove that the lynchers had violated their victims' civil rights.’
- ‘In effect, lynchers could go about their horrific deeds with the protection of the law and little fear of retribution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.